Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Blog Hop

It's National Teacher Appreciation Day today, and I wanted to honor teachers by creating a blog hop. How do you participate in this hop? Create any blog post telling about your favorite teacher, a memory of how a teacher helped you, or why teachers have been important in your life. Teachers, we want to hear from you, too! Tell us why you enjoy teaching or tell us your favorite gift you've ever been given from a student. Once your post is written, link up here!

Thank you, teachers, for all you do! I've been blessed with some excellent role models and can't wait to show my first class what I've learned.



*Edited June 2, 2011: I am SO, SO sorry the linky has disappeared. I really wish we could all go back and continue reading the excellent posts bloggers had put up about their teachers. I didn't realize that if I didn't pay for the subscription to the service, all would be lost when my trial ended. I thought I would at least get to keep what was done up. Next year I will know better and use a different linky service.*

12 comments:

  1. A teacher appreciation blog hop is a great idea - thanks for hosting it, Karen! I love that teachers of all types can make such a difference in the lives of their students - and students can make a difference in the lives of their teachers. It's wonderful that there are so many ways to experience and benefit from being a teacher and a student. Deb @ LivingMontessoriNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea! My daughter is taking her teacher a gift each day this week. Her teacher is absolutely awesome!
    www.rebeccabany.com
    http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/becbany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by and for your positive thoughts as Alabama recovers from these deadly storms. The sense of community that has formed has been such a wonderful sight!

    Our children our still out of school for the week, so no teacher appreciation day here. I will send gifts that last day to say thanks. When you think of teachers, I can't help but think of the one I didn't appreciate until five years after I had her while I was taking a lit class in college! I had wished for five more years of her wisdom as I worked through that class. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen- sometimes it takes awhile for us to appreciate any of those around us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca- wow, a gift every day! I hope some are homemade or you could be going broke. That's really sweet of you to send something every day this week. I gave my daughters' teachers gift certificates for massages, and they seemed to really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karen - sorry to leave a message as a comment but your email doesn't show up in your profile :(
    So pleased you are keen to join in Mrs Readalot's bloggy Bookclub; you will be host #5 at the end of November.
    Water for Elephants looks like a great book - but if you can't get it you can read and review ANY book.
    I just need your email address you I can send you instructions when its your turn to host :)
    thanks Karen
    From Simone (aka Mrs Readalot)
    geratfun4kids@live.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I was able to put in my post for my teacher story...but wasn't able to put the blog-hop link in to my blog post. What IS funny is that you, Karen, are right here in Mesa, AZ - and I'm right here in Phoenix...what a hoot! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glenda, thanks for your post. I loved it! I'm sorry you weren't able to put the blog hop link into your post. I am not sure what went wrong on my end. This is my first blog hop. The school you describe in your post sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet idea! Thank you so very much for showing your appreciation for us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly Ann, you are very welcome! As a newly graduated teacher myself, I know how much hard work you put in every day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, this is an old post, I see- but I wrote a blog post anyway. Here it is:
    http://auntannieschildcare.blogspot.com/2011/06/teachers-who-changed-my-life.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by Aunt Annie. I'm sorry you missed the blog hop. I'll be doing it again next year!

    ReplyDelete