Monday, May 30, 2011

Memory Monday- May 30


It's Memory Monday! This is a chance to share a picture, a video, or some other memory. Here is mine this week:


This is my wonderful husband, Daniel. A couple of years ago we went to the shooting range with my in-laws when we were up visiting for Christmas. Such a pleasant Christmas activity for a family to share, right? I had actually been waiting to go for some time. I thought handling a gun and being around others shooting responsibly would relieve my fear of guns a bit. That didn't happen.

On this day I watched my family all shoot at the targets, but I couldn't quite bring myself to try it. I finally picked up a hand gun, under the instruction of my husband, pulled the trigger, carefully set the gun down on the table, and walked away. I won't be shooting a gun again. There was an experience that I don't care to repeat.

I share this picture of my husband shooting, though, because it was an interesting memory. This moment in time represents my husband's family all sharing an activity together that required a huge amount of trust and letting go of my own control issues. Since my father-in-law is very familiar with guns and enjoys them, I had to let him take the lead. Letting someone else be in control for awhile was difficult for me, but I made it through the day. We won't be going back to the shooting range, though. Not on Christmas- or any other day for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE going to the shooting range! Haven't been in a while. I really thought I would hate it, but was definitely persuaded otherwise!

    Katrina
    interruptingcowreviews.blogspot.com
    facebok.com/theinterruptingcow

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Katrina. I had one daughter who fell in love with the shooting range, and the other was like me.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete