Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Prompts: Day 4

My favorite new Scrap kit

I have to be honest; scrapbooking has kind of lost its appeal. I have a couple of beautiful scrapbooks I've put together, but they are EXPENSIVE! The paper, stickers, and embellishments just get to be too much. I spent $60 putting together a scrapbook for my father-in-law for Christmas last year. Ouch! It wasn't even large, either, and it only covered one incredibly fun day we all shared. That's a lot of money.

The scrapbooks don't get looked at too often, either. I think that's the same with any photo album. My mom has book after book. They are in her closet and come out at special occasions or when new people join the family. Other than that I think we are busy out making new memories.

In this new digital age pictures can be displayed in a multitude of ways and be enjoyed by more than just the people gathered in our living rooms. I love sharing pictures on Facebook and my blog. I make digital scrapbooks for family members who are out of the state. I love to use my pictures as a screen saver. My family has spent hours laying on my bed talking about this picture or that one that just passed by on the screen.

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept of scrapbooking but have never done it. Words are easier for me than pics.

    I can understand exactly what you said on my post. I need 'me' time to keep me sane. Ironically my blogging has become my time for reflection and re-balancing myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand about blogging being a time for reflection and re-balancing. Blogging is definitely a great outlet and a way to "think out loud" sometimes.

    ReplyDelete