I can't believe it has been a month since I've really written. So much has happened. We are 1/8 of the way through the school year already. The first progress reports have gone out and I am starting some tutoring with students who need some additional help. Truth be told, they need an additional push to get homework done, but I don't have a problem providing that if it will help them to be successful.
I am finally starting to get into a rhythm at home and at school. I have stopped freaking out about grading every piece of paper on the day students turn it in. I will get to grading quickly, but I won't sacrifice entire evenings on grading. It's been nice to have some time to relax and fall asleep in front of the TV. Um.... I mean... well, yeah, I pretty much fall asleep as soon as the girls get into bed on a regular basis.
We moved into our "new" house this past weekend. I really appreciated my parents letting us stay with them for a bit, but I am also happy to be settled down. We got the keys on Thursday and were completely unpacked by Monday morning. Both my husband and I don't do well with transitions, so we like to get things done quickly so we can get back into a routine as quickly as possible. Yes, even through me being sick when life was up in the air a lot of times, we would try to keep things the same as much as possible. We don't like change. This past couple of months has been REALLY hard on us!
The girls are loving their new school, and I like it, too. The teachers seem great and like to challenge the students. That's awesome! Both girls are making friends in the neighborhood, which is what we were hoping for after taking them out of the charter school. It's so neat to have them ask if they can go out and play and not have to drive them around for play dates. This is definitely a draw back to charter schools for anyone who is weighing pros and cons.
Our townhouse is rented to a couple without children. I was hoping that would be the case since we moved due to how the neighborhood is deteriorating. It would have been hard for me to have a family move in there because I would have felt responsible for the trouble they would have with the neighbors.
Andrea joined the orchestra at school, and Amber is still doing karate. I haven't heard Andrea practicing her instrument too much yet, but I think that is because they are still learning the parts of the viola and how to hold the bow. Amber is going to an additional sparring practice tonight to get ready for her first tournament in November. Busy bees as always, but they've each found something they enjoy.
Well, that's about it from around here. I'm hoping to start posting again more regularly. Oh, I almost forgot. According to the neurologist my juvenile epilepsy has NOT returned. There was NO seizure activity on the EEG at all. Whooo Hooo! I WAS having seizures in April, though, according to what she read on my chart and my descriptions of what was happening. So, I need to watch for that if I'm ever very sick or have trauma of any kind. Other than that I'm good to go! Thanks for stopping by and reading my update. I know it's tough to keep following a blog that doesn't update too often.
It's good to have you back. I'm glad your epilepsy hasn't returned, that's good news!
ReplyDeleteThanks Barbara. It really is great news. Now I just need to get my feet fixed up and I'll be back to "normal." I hope you've been having a great month. I'm sorry I haven't been reading blogs, either. I hope to catch up with everyone soon.
ReplyDeleteKaren, glad to hear so many things are finally on the right track for you.
ReplyDeleteChange can be really unsettling, but I've found it's often so much easier to cope with if the kids are at least settled and it sounds like yours are fitting in well.
Teachers blogging? - it's quite amazing how versatile blogging is - personally I think your idea is a fantastic one.
Hugs, Fi
Hi Fi!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you that change is MUCH easier if the children are settled. That much we definitely have happening, and it does take a lot of stress off my shoulders.
Ah, my teacher blog is pretty boring. Just a paragraph or so of what we did in class and what the homework is. But, it's a way of passing along information, so it works. I'm going to start a new feature on there as soon as I have time- This Day in History. Like I said.... when I have time. It might have to wait until next year! LOL
How is life in your world? How's the grandbaby? I'll be by to catch up on reading again soon!
I have missed reading you..glad your back...have wondered how your new job was...........so glad to hear things are going well and your feeling better.
ReplyDelete