Monday, September 12, 2011

Learn Something New Tuesday

Learn Something New Tuesday- hosted by What Would Jen Do

1. Are you shopping for Christmas already?
Yep, every year I start around July or August. This year the things I had gotten to put away, though, became "Back to School" gifts because life was just so hectic at that time. I wanted to give my girls a good send-off to the first day of school, so I broke down and got into the Christmas pile.

2. If you are married, do you get along with your inlaws?
I get along with my in-laws, but I don't think they like me a whole lot.

3. What is the last magazine you read?
I'm currently reading an "Entertainment Weekly" because there is an article in there about the upcoming movie "The Hunger Games." I SO can't wait for that to be in theaters!

4. Do you play any video games?
Does Bejeweled Blitz count?

5.Would you rather donate one million dollars or keep it?
That depends. How many other millions of dollars do I have hanging around? Seriously, I couldn't see donating a million dollars no matter how rich I was. I would freak out too much because I need to save it "just in case." I'm really bad that way, though I am very generous on a level I can handle.

6.How many tickets [if any] have you gotten?
I have never gotten a ticket. I hope to keep it that way.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you have started you Christmas shopping! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the only way that Christmas shopping doesn't become overwhelming. If I start now I don't feel the pinch at the end of the year financially. My husband and I refuse to charge gifts, so to make the holiday nice for my girls I start early. You wouldn't believe some of the sales I find at this time of year. AND I don't shop Black Friday, so this works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great thought. Not just for Christmas, but for the year round gift giving on the inevitable birthdays and anniversaries. Good planning Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gifts that get me are the birthday invitations the girls get from school. We'll be out shopping today. Fortunately we only allow the kids to spend about $10 per person, and we limit the number of parties they accept invitations to. I think THIS is why it is truly expensive to raise a child! LOL I'm just kidding.

    ReplyDelete