Saturday, September 17, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: Day 27

Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play


"Devil Went Down to Georgia" by The Charlie Daniel's Band. It doesn't matter that I've never touched a fiddle; to be able to play this song would be really neat! Andrea is learning to play the viola. I wonder if her teacher can have her playing this by the end of the school year. LOL Riiiiigggghhhhttt!

Seriously, this song is just cool. Yes, that is the most descriptive word I can come up with. I've got a great story that goes along with this song, too. When I was first learning to run for distance my ultimate goal was to be able to run 5K (3.1 miles) without stopping. I was right around the two mile mark and going strong when Daniel noticed how well I was doing. I was going to stop at 2.5 miles because that's where I was in my training schedule. "Keep going," Daniel encouraged. Okay, I thought, why not? As I was pushing three miles I was thrilled. Right up until I realized how hard it was. "Keep going," Daniel again encouraged. "You've got it." At that moment this song came on. It's catchy. It's fun. And it has some attitude for the runner who needs it. I needed it. I dug in and blasted out that last bit of distance. I think I may have even shrieked when I threw my hands in the air and said, "I did it!" I was, for the first time in my own mind, a real runner. Don't ask me what I was before that. I'll never forget the excitement of that first 3.1 mile run. Whenever I hear "Devil Went Down to Georgia" I want to take off.

No comments:

Post a Comment