Saturday, April 21, 2012

5 Question Friday- April 20




1. Groceries are high right now what is easiest way you have found to cut back?
To be honest, we have been buying more processed foods than previously.  I know they aren't as good for us, but between our lives being turned upside down in the past month and the price of groceries, that's the way the ball rolls.  We have noticed a decrease in our grocery bill due to these changes.  It really stinks that healthier food really does cost more than the junk.

2. What are the top 3 things on your "bucket list"?
I really don't have a bucket list.  I've accomplished the things I really wanted out of life.  If I had to make a list there are a few things I'd like to do, but if they don't get done in this lifetime I'm not too worried about it.  There is ONE bucket list item, the first in this list, that is essential, though:
1.  See my daughters grow up with a sense of accomplishment and satisfied with life
2.  Go to Sea World with my husband and children
3.  Go on an Alaskan cruise or to Australia

3. Would you rather give up AC or heat?
This is a tough one.  I really can't handle the cold so a heater would be nice.  Then again, 110+ temperatures in AZ can be pretty brutal.  I think in the end I would rather give up the heater, but don't expect me to leave the house once I get bundled up and comfy in my fuzzy pjs and blankets!

4. What's your favorite cocktail?
I don't drink cocktails anymore, but I did enjoy Screwdrivers when I did drink.  I just don't see the point in alcohol anymore, so I stick with beverages that don't have side effects.

5. What was your first job and how old were you?
I've been going to work with my mom to do filing and odd jobs ever since I can remember.  The first paying work I can think of was as a mother's helper for a teacher of mine during the summer.  It was kind of like babysitting, but she was home doing work.  My job was to keep the baby occupied while Mom worked.  I was 10-years-old.  

3 comments:

  1. I am ALWAYS cold but honestly, I think I'd give up the heater because you can always put more clothes on :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to go on a cruise with my hubby so much!! Expenses keep piling up, so we may never go.

    I hope you get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tami,
    I'm thinking if we ever do go it will be another 20 years from now. If we start saving now we MIGHT be able to do it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete