1. What's the best Christmas present you've ever received? My favorite Christmas gift is one that I received today, actually. A student wrote me a card telling me how much she enjoys my class and how she is looking forward to next semester. I AM making a difference as a real teacher! Today was the official half-way point through my first year of teaching. I'm going to enjoy this Winter Break!
2. Worst/Funniest White Elephant gift ever received? I've never done a White Elephant gift exchange that I can remember.
3. Is your Christmas tree plain and simple (white lights and matching ornaments) or is it wild and crazy (colored lights with lots of ornaments collected over the years? We have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree this year, by my girls' request. There is only one red ornament and no lights. In years past we have had multicolored lights and lots of ornaments. I'm definitely not coordinated when it comes to Christmas. Memories are the decorations in my home.
4. "How" do you iron your clothes? The old fashioned iron/ironing board way, the shower, back in the dryer, etc. I have a steamer that I use every morning for my work clothes. I love it!
5. How much baking do you do for Christmas and what are your "must make" items? I HATE being in the kitchen, so I avoid baking at all costs. The year I was pregnant with my oldest daughter I did cookies as gifts. I found it to be much easier to buy on-line and have gifts shipped. I'm the first to say home-made gifts are better, but that was WAY too stressful for me!