I'm linking up to Five Question Friday on My Little Life. Learn a little about me, then come find some other great blogs to read, too!
1. If you could buy any car, money not an option, what would it be?
I LOVE the car I have now! I had wanted a Hyundai Santa Fe since the day I first saw a commercial for them. At the time, the cost was out of the question. Three years later, when my Ford Focus (Ick. I hated that car!) broke down, Daniel told me we should search for my dream. We found a used Santa Fe at a price we could afford, and we bought it. I just paid off the six year loan (a year early) last month. I REALLY hope this car takes me for several more years, because it really is the (2nd) best car I've ever had. (I have to pay tribute to my dear Hyundai Tiburon. Man, I loved that car! It's just not right for a family, though. Wait, can I change my answer. Money is not an option, so I can have two cars, right?
2. What was your worst first date ever?
My worst first date was actually with my first husband. That should have told me something, huh? We went to a late movie, and afterward he wanted to have a beer. I wasn't a bar person, so we decided to go back to my place. The problem? I lived with my parents. My brother was in the living room watching "Saturday Night Live." My brother, Fred, told Brian (my date) that he should just put the beer away and go home. He told him straight out he didn't like him, didn't want me dating him, and they were never going to be friends so Brian shouldn't ever expect him to be nice. Fortunately for me my brother DID come around and learn to be FRIENDLY, but they were definitely never FRIENDS!
3. How old were you when you fell in love for the first time?
Without a doubt, I was 13 years old. Matt and I shared our first kiss on Halloween the year I was in 8th grade. We dated off and on from that time until I married Brian (see above) at age 22. Gees, I was REALLY not thinking when I married Brian. When I went to see Matt to tell him I was going to marry Brian, he offered to marry me the very next day. He offered me the world. Why didn't I take it? I was extremely afraid of Matt's wheelchair, even though I had met Matt a couple of months after his accident that put him in the chair. I don't know why I never got over that awkwardness. Everything happens for a reason, though, and now I have the most fantastic husband and children, so I won't complain!
4. When was the last time you reconciled your checkbook?
You mean like to the penny? We'll just hope my mom ISN'T reading this post so I don't get yelled at. The world of on-line banking has made it a little easier to "forget" to reconcile. I can see from day to day that the bank and I basically agree, so I don't do it monthly like I should.
5. If you were going to fashion a "Wanted" Ad for a best friend, how would you word it?
Best Friend Wanted
Must Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Able to wear many hats- Someone who can be a talker, a listener, and a counselor. Someone strong who isn't afraid of fierce debate but will not hesitate to call at 3 AM when the world falls apart.
- Must love romantic comedies so I have a movie partner when my hubby won't watch because the movie is "too girly."
- Active person who loves to exercise but is willing to sit around "chewing the fat"
- Bookworm required; love to read and TALK about books
- Honest person who can tell me like it is, then pick up the pieces when I cry about it