30 Interesting Facts About Me
1. I was born on October 2, 1974 at 10:51 PM.
2. I was born in Woodstock, IL and moved to Chandler, AZ just before I turned 11 years old.
3. I played baseball (not softball) from the time I was 10 until the boys got too big and strong for me to keep up with.
4. I had more injuries playing ball than any other time in my life, and I still laugh about many of them.
5. The funniest injury was when my finger got crushed between the baseball bat and the ball in a fast pitch batting cage. I rode to the hospital with my finger stuck in my mom's soda cup filled with ice in order to keep the swelling down.
6. The scariest injury was when I couldn't see after getting the dust from the baseball diamond in my eye. My brother, however, thought it was pretty funny and kept holding up fingers for me to count even though I literally could not even see that he was there.
7. When I was 16-18 years old I was in 4 car accidents. None of them were my fault.
8. I participated in several beauty pageants when I was in high school. I got in the top 10 in one.
9. I graduated from high school in May 1992 at 17 years old.
10. My original declared major in college was elementary education. I soon discovered I wasn't ready for college and teaching as a young adult.
11. I moved out of my parents' house the first time 4 days after I turned 18. Fortunately they let me move back in after I figured out I wasn't ready to be an adult.
12. My best friend and another one of my friends were victims of murder/suicide when I was 19-years-old.
13. I got my Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, partly because of the experience I had when I found my best friend after he had been killed.
14. I got married to my first husband at age 22 in a size 3 wedding dress. He later told me I was getting too fat so he didn't want to have anything to do with me. I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder 3 months later.
15. My first husband and I divorced after 2.5 years of marriage.
16. My favorite car of my "youth" was my Hyundai Tiburon. I was convinced I was going to get my first speeding ticket in that car, but I didn't.
17. I got married to Daniel when I was 25.
18. Daniel and I have moved 9 times in the 12 years we've been together. I'm done now!
19. My favorite colors are browns and greens.
20. My favorite flavor of just about anything is pumpkin. I found a recipe for pumpkin lasagna that I'm going to try this weekend.
21. I gave birth to my first daughter when I was 26-years-old.
22. Our second daughter came along when I was 28.
23. I was inspired to go back to college by volunteering in Andrea's 1st grade classroom and then running into my junior high science teacher, all at the right moments.
24. I returned to college when I was 33-years-old, had 2 small children, a husband, and helped run Daniel's business. I learned that I can juggle many things at once and keep going.
25. At age 36 I got my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education.
26. I graduated from Ottawa University.
27. I got my first teaching job (this year) at a charter school in Chandler, Arizona. I LOVE the people I work with!
28. I hate cooking, so I am extremely excited that Daniel enjoys taking care of the dishes, cooking, and laundry when I'm working.
29. I don't like to travel.
30. I love teaching Social Studies, even though my content area of "expertise" is Language Arts. I miss teaching reading and writing, though, so I'm open to any offer of full time work for next year at the school I'm with now.
Well, I don't know if any of those facts were interesting, but there they are. I hope you learned something new about me today!