Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bob Harper on Fresh Fruit



This is a MUST-WATCH video. I am a fan of Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser, and he posted this on his new Facebook page for a healthy lifestyle. If you want to know about good foods to eat, please spend one minute watching this video.

So many people have tried to tell me that eating fruit is just like eating candy. I'm happy to announce that Bob disagrees and encourages fruit consumption. While vegetables do provide a lower sugar content most of the time, fruits are good "go to" foods as well. Happy eating!

9 comments:

  1. Mayo Clinic says the exact same thing: eat absolutely as many fruits and veggies as you can stand to eat each day. Fill in with lean protein and complex carbs -- but never limit yourself when it comes to fruits and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, sugar is sugar. sure, the sugar in fruit comes with some fiber and vitamins...but a lot still have a lot of sugar. and then there is juice...don't get me started on fruit juice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. caite, I have to respectfully disagree. There are actually three different types of sugar, and the body processes each differently. Sugars from fruits are much different than sugar from cane.

    I do think we agree on juice, though. I try not to drink calories at all, so fruit juice is a REALLY big thing for me to stay away from. There is very little benefit in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love using fresh fruit and veggies to make my meals. My daughter asked me what my favourite dessert of all time is. I answered almost immediately: watermelon. that's what she made me for mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We eat al lot of fruits and vegetables, but I avoid juices, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mayo Clinic also suggests avoiding juice but in their book The Mayo Clinic Diet they put no restrictions on fruits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Beth! I put that book on hold at my library so I can check it out. It sounds like it goes along with my philosophy pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is good reassurance for me. I love fruit, and eat it all the time, but sometimes I worry that it may be too much of a good thing :) Nice to know that I can keep munching away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. BookGirl- I think keeping full on something that is made mostly of water, is high in fiber, and is packed with vitamins and minerals is a good thing to me. I often think of the alternative, and I honestly can't think of anything better for fruit than vegetables.

    ReplyDelete