Thursday, July 1, 2010

Snacks

It is important to have snacks throughout the day, but they should be planned. I actually eat5- 6 times per day. Breakfast, morning snack, lunch, pre-workout snack, dinner, and sometimes a snack after dinner. The size of my snacks vary depending on what my choices were for the main meals, but I always know I'm going to eat and have an idea in mind for what that will be. This is an article from Reader's Digest on how to make your snacks more effective for energy: http://www.rd.com/living-healthy/5-snack-makeovers-for-weight-loss-and-energy/article181953-9.html?links=true#slide

If you missed my previous post on Breakfast, go back and read it. It goes along with this one. If I have taken anything away from my sessions with my trainer, it is that you MUST eat to fuel your body. The right fuel leads to more energy and more effective exercise.

The coolest thing about eating so many times per day is that I don't feel deprived. I know I'm eating again soon, and I know that I can add in some foods that are not so perfect in small doses. For example, see the popcorn snack in the above slide show. It adds chocolate into the snack but does so in a way that makes sense and doesn't over do it.

I encourage you to try a couple of these snacks this week. Let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment