How in the WORLD did it become July already? Seriously, I know I was working most of June, but still....
Well, here are my goals this month.
Personal: I would love to finish reading at least two more novels before heading back to school. I think I've gotten into a pretty good routine of reading for 30-60 minutes before going to sleep, so this should be pretty realistic. I'm trying to read a book called "Alex," by Adam J. Nicolai. The book is GREAT, but it is a ghost story. I can only read for about 15 minutes before I've scared myself enough that I know I won't sleep if I continue to read. Ug, why do I have to be so sensitive in this way?
Family: It's time to get Andrea registered for junior high school. What?! My goal for this month is to get her all set with what she needs to be successful this school year. I heard the list of supplies is a long one. I'm NOT thrilled about back-to-school shopping. I think we spend more at this time of year than we do for Christmas.
Health: I don't think I got in as much exercise as I wanted to last month. I'm going to blame my curriculum committee mapping project, though the fact is I just got side-tracked. I don't do well with morning exercise as it takes so much out of me. By the time evening comes around I'm either too wiped out or I'm caught up in evening chores. I know.... all excuses. My goal this month is to get on the treadmill at least once a week for 30 minutes. That's a realistic start that I should be able to build on.
School: Well, by this time next month we will have finished our first day of school with our new classes. I would say this month is all about preparing my classroom and welcoming my students. I THINK my classroom decoration is pretty much done. I just have to do my leadership board, and I forgot to get butcher paper for that before the office shut down for the week, so that will have to wait until at least Monday. Right now I'm working on my Open House introduction letter.
Blog: I have loved writing again, but I know that once school starts it really is going to be hard to keep up. My training schedule for the month doesn't look too bad, though. I would like to make sure to get a post up at least twice each week this month. Pictures of my classroom should be coming soon!
Outside the Box: This month is going to be all about staying calm and focused. I got to meet with my grade level team this week. It was really neat catching up with the other returning teacher and meeting the new one. I think it's going to be an awesome year. I just want to stay positive and excited right now and not give in to the stress that is bound to creep up.

No comments:
Post a Comment