Thursday, July 14, 2011

30 Days of Me- Day 10

Day 10- Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

For the most part, I don't really have specific music that I listen to depending on my mood. I pretty much put my iPod on shuffle every time I turn it on and let it play. If a song hits me for the moment I turn the volume up. Then I forget to turn it down, so the next good song gets a little louder. It's really a vicious cycle. Once the volume is on as loud as it can go I might remember to turn it down, or I might not. It all depends on how I feel.

There is an exception to this rule, though. I had a CD that I made for my car called "Energy." It was all the songs that really got me pumped. I would play that whenever I was driving and I needed inspiration or was so excited I could jump around. Obviously I can't do that while driving, so I needed a different distraction. That CD got worn out, and I haven't made another one yet, but I will soon. Just as soon as I'm in the driver's seat again. The CD needed to be updated, anyway.

I will attempt to name a song for each of these categories in the spirit of the 30 Days of Me challenge.

Happy: Bubbly by Colbie Caillat

Sad: Worried Shoes by Karen O and the Kids from the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack

Bored: Linus and Lucy by Wynton Marsalls (Any of the Peanuts music by this artist is fun. Give it a try!)

Hyped: Centerfield by John Fogerty (This song actually works to GET me hyped, too. I listen to it on the way to job interviews or important tests. Any time I need to feel powerful or in control, this song works for me.)

Mad: Far Behind by Candlebox (Caution: This song is NOT family friendly in some parts. Please listen at your own discretion.)

I had my husband help me with this list. When I told him what I was doing he laughed. "You don't have specific music you listen to when you are in a certain mood." The man knows me well.

Acting Balanced
I really enjoyed writing this post, so I'm linking it up to Thirsty for Comments Thursday. Welcome new readers!

6 comments:

  1. Great choices!
    I love "Linus & Lucy"...makes you want to do a Happy Dance! I also love Fogerty (& CCR)!
    Very cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we have a lot in common musically. Maybe I'm not the only one with a crazy iPod! LOL Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your husband's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica: All day yesterday Daniel was going around saying, "How do you feel now? What music do you want to listen to?" It really got annoying! LOL

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linus & Lucy is a fantastic pick. I'm downloading it now...legally of course, then doing a Peanuts-style dance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea Pickleope. Good way to start a Sunday with a little joy and a bit of exercise! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete