Amber joined me for this class, and I was so impressed with her. She told me 10 minutes in that she wasn't enjoying herself, but I told her she had to stick with it through the class. That is the rule I set for myself, and I didn't want to leave to take her to the children's area. Without a complaint or a pout Amber finished the class, doing her best to follow the moves and be a good student. I have to say that it was a difficult challenge for me to stay in class, so I can't imagine how bored she was. Part of working out and being healthy, though, is having a healthy mind. Part of a healthy mind is self discipline. Amber did well in that area last night!
I have found that I enjoy a workout that makes me feel strong. I am not a fancy girl, and the moves that were made in belly dancing made me feel like an elephant. I do well in classes that use powerful moves or that are not quite as graceful as the belly dancing was. Maybe that's why I enjoy running so much. Each time I run I feel the muscles throughout my body getting stronger or carrying me farther.
At any rate, I am glad I tried something new. It took 3 weeks to build up the courage to go to that class, and now I can say I've been there and done that. What is something you've done that you found you didn't enjoy?
No comments:
Post a Comment