This is insane! I would have never guessed how bad this appetizer is for you. I used to eat this as my meal because I really liked the potato skins better than anything else on the menu. Ouch! The worst part about eating this dish as a meal is that there are absolutely no vegetables or fiber to digest. That leaves someone very hungry just a little while down the road.
Even if a family were to share this appetizer, and each person were to have ONE potato skin, it comes out to about 378 calories. That's right: ONE potato skin (there are six per order) is approximately the same calorie count as an entire lunch for me.
I try to eat right around 1800 calories per day. That is broken down into three meals of 400 calories each and three snacks of 200 calories each. If choosing the right foods, this is more than enough food. Some days I don't wind up eating my last snack because I just don't feel the need for it. Healthy eating really is about making wise choices and getting the best bang for your buck to stay full.
* The above information about the TGI Friday potato skins was taken from the Eat This, Not That newsletter.
No comments:
Post a Comment