I got in a pretty good run on the treadmill tonight. I went 3.1 miles in just under 39 minutes. Incredible! That's a personal record for me, and I was really excited. I am very aware of my knee right now, but there is no pain. I am still protecting it, apparently, because I did feel some pain in my opposite foot where my toes were gripping the ground trying to keep weight off the other leg. I suppose it's time to trust that my knee is okay. Now I just have to convince my feet that I have accurate information!
I've decided I'm not even going to put pressure on myself about the gym. I won't even plan to go there from Monday through Thursday while I'm student teaching. That way I won't get frustrated with myself when I can't get there due to having too much work or too little energy. For now, I will celebrate the little things. I got to the gym today, when I could, and that is worth celebrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment