Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Bit of Me- Phobias

A blog I follow, called There's A Book, hosts a weekly post meant to get to know bloggers a bit better. This is my first time participating, but I thought it would be fun. You can check out her original post here: There's A Book.

What is my greatest fear? I would say my fear is not being successful. I am totally afraid that I will get to the end of my life and I will not have done anything great. I want people to have something positive to say about me at my funeral. I don't want them to have to grasp at straws to find something nice to say about me. To be honest, I don't want it to be the traditional.... I want to have been inspiring.

I know I have done great things already. I have been a good wife (not great, but I'm getting better every day) and a good mother. I've been a decent daughter and friend. But.... there is nothing that sets me apart from the others. I'm still looking for that special something.

Maybe this is an unreachable goal. There aren't too many who achieve the success I long for. But, I'm not looking to be rich. I'm not looking to be famous. I just want to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, what I was put on this earth to do. I believe each of us has a special role here. We may never know what that is, but I won't stop trying to find out!

What drives you through life? Do you have a special dream you want to achieve? What about your fears? Oh, the other thing I'm afraid of...... scorpions. But that's a whole different story.

1 comment:

  1. I think emotions drive everyone through life. Without them, we would find food, eat and do nothing until we were hungry again, or frisky, but that would be it! I am driven more by what I am against than what I am for or want. I do not perform well without an adversary or someone telling me I can't or that I am wrong. My fears...... the times THEY are right!! lol

    ReplyDelete