Saturday, July 7, 2012

Follow Friday- July 6



Photobucket


This week’s statements:
1.       I like to wear pajamas as often as possible.  Okay, here's the thing:  I lived in jeans and t-shirts for way too many years.  Now that I have to dress professionally for work it feels way too stuffy and restrictive.  As soon as we are home for the evening, I'm in my pajamas.  Ahhh, comfort!
2.     I have had a lot of frustrations and set-backs in life.  I don't let that stop me if I can avoid it!
3.     Public speaking makes me uncomfortable.  I know, strange for a teacher.  I'm great with the students, it's just people my age I have a hard time with.
4.     My car always has an audio book in it because I hate to drive.  What do those two have to do with each other?  Well, listening to a book takes my mind off the dreaded chore of getting myself from one place to another.  Right now I am listening to the "The Wolves of Mercy Falls" series by Maggie Stiefvater.  I really enjoy listening to Young Adult books because they don't take a lot of concentration while I am attempting to pay attention to the road, and because it will give me something to discuss with my students once my "Recommended Reading" bulletin board goes up in my classroom.  This series, though popular with my 5th and 6th graders last year, will not be recommended by me.  It's just a little too adult themed in some areas.  I am, however, letting Andrea read the books and am still trying to decide if I will include them in my classroom library.

4 comments:

  1. Love your #2... a great attitude to have. I like to put on my pj's as soon as humanly possible because it helps me relax and be comfy at night. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susi. I try with #2.

    PJs are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ's should be compulsory dress after 6pm no matter where you are. How nice would going out partying be if you could go in your jammies. Party in pure comfort and then when you've had enough you just curl up and go to sleep - no worrying about changing clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea Fi! I might attend many more parties if that were the dress code. In fact, my high school reunion that I skipped last night may have even been on the list of parties I would have gone to! LOL

    ReplyDelete