Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year- A New Start!

So I've been thinking, and I realized that I shut down my blog the first time for all the wrong reasons. I felt like I wasn't pleasing "my readers" and that I didn't have much to say. The truth is, I have a lot to say. People may not be interested in all of it, but I bet someone is interested in each bit! I've decided to start working on my blog again- even if it is just for me.

This is the second day of the year 2011. Health-wise this year hasn't started out great. I am on Prednisone, but I only have one more day to take it! The medicine makes me feel miserable, so I haven't been able to exercise. I am looking forward to getting back on track with both eating and working out.

At the end of this month my mom, daughters, and I will be doing a 2 mile walk called "London's Run." Daniel will be doing his first half-marathon, and this will keep us busy while we wait for him to cross the finish line. We have really been enjoying these events. My goal is to run at least three 5K races this year, and I want to run at least 10 miles per week. It might be tough to get all 10 in this week with the lack of exercise, but that's okay.

Well, I hope your year started great. Outside of the health problems I'm having, I am EXTREMELY positive about this year. I can't wait to continue substitute teaching, and I REALLY hope to be putting together my own classroom this July. What are you looking forward to this year?

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this again Karen and know I read each one and support you in every endeavor and goal... always here for you. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete